Are you aware of how profitable digital advertising can be?
In 2021 alone, global digital ad spending accumulated to $521.01 billion. That’s a crazy figure! But by 2026, it’s predicted that the global spending for digital campaigns will be around $876 billion.
Increased revenue is not the only reason why many brands are dedicating more expenditure to the advertising industry. Good ad space that speaks to your audience can elevate the amount of traffic that comes to your page, increase brand visibility, leads, and more.
But to reap these benefits, you must have sufficient ad space and be alert when new ones come in to really push your brand, products, or services at the forefront of others’ attention.
While you can do this manually, staying open-eyed can become exhausting while looking for online advertising on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more. If you do this too much, you might neglect other important areas of your business.
Therefore to ensure you optimize buying and selling ad space, you’ll want to use automated software such as programmatic advertising platforms.
What is a programmatic advertising platform?
Before you can check out the best programmatic advertising services, you must know what they are first. Basically, programmatic ads are an automatic method to help you buy, optimize and sell digital campaigns instead of buying them straight from publishers.
These automated services save you the stress of negotiating for ad space, media buying, performance tracking, and more with a human, as you only have to deal with a machine or AI. Besides saving you the back and forth with humans, the programmatic advertising process can easily help you quickly scale and reach a large audience.
In basic terms, programmatic ad platforms are software that helps you purchase, sell and manage your digital ad formats.
What are the best programmatic ad platforms?
There’s no best programmatic ad platform; there’s a range that might suit you based on your company’s need for advertising demands. Out of all the ad networks on the market, here are some of the best ones to consider:
Adobe Advertising Cloud is a programmatic advertising platform that combines all types of media, data, scenes, and more. Their programmatic ads help you scale quickly, seamlessly, and ensure a swift user experience amongst all channels, aimed to increase your customer engagement and conversion.
This demand-side platform helps you manage your programmatic ad campaigns to help you produce better ads that speak to your target audience. It also has top tools that help optimize your workflow and spending and provide insights.
- Provides real-time data: It uses Adobe analytics to provide real-time data, allowing you to make better advertising and content creation decisions for your customers.
- Can create personalized content: They let you quickly connect with your target audiences, with a streamlined way to create custom content for your brand and manage it.
- Speed: As it’s on the cloud, you can access your programmatic campaigns anytime and anywhere. It also removes the cost of any paper processes like onboarding and more.
- Provides a rich end-to-end experience: Adobe advertising campaigns use AI and cloud technologies to help elevate the experience for your typical website visitor.
It’s difficult to determine the pricing for this programmatic advertising platform, as Adobe Experience Cloud states a consultation is required first. Therefore to know more, you have to fill out this form and have a consultation with them so that they can inform you about the monthly pricing based on your business and requirements.
Overall, Adobe Advertising Cloud is a programmatic advertising cloud best suited to design and marketing teams who want to create a large ads inventory and participate in display advertising. Basically, its full suite of products can be brilliant to use for any SME, corporate, or even entrepreneur. While the pricing structure of this programmatic advertising platform is not clear, you can undergo a free trial before having a consultation.
AdRoll is a programmatic ecosystem that is designed explicitly for e-commerce brands. AdRoll helps brands produce consistent, personalized content over multiple channels. They help them easily approach display advertising, social media advertising, emails, and more by using machine learning to attract new customers and increase revenue. They aim to help you get a bird’s eye view of your relevant customer’s habits, measuring them continuously to help you build a better strategy.
- Run multiple display campaigns from one platform: AdRoll allows you to run several ads like social media, emails, and more from one area, making it easy. You can launch campaigns on over 500 platforms from one area.
- Trusted programmatic advertising platform: They claim to have over 120,000 brands who have used their platform across 15 years. Moreover, they say their customers see a revenue increase by $3-$10 more for every $1 spent on ad space with them.
- Use machine learning: They harness AI technology to help you make strategic decisions for your customers.
- Serve as an extended marketing team: AdRoll helps you achieve multiple goals and increase your returns from their range of services.
When it comes to paying for this programmatic advertising platform, there are generally two options you can choose. They have a free starter pack, which is $36 per month, with a 30-day free trial known as their growth service. The significant difference between the two is that the growth lets you send 20,000 emails a month instead of 5,000. Similarly, the growth lets you remove powered by Adroll branding and lets you have advanced and custom audiences.
Overall, Adroll is suited for many different types of business; however, they claim that their benefits are best felt with e-commerce companies. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a small company, or a large company wanting to try AdRoll, you can use their service for free or even try their paid one for a 30-day free trial.
MediaMath is a programmatic advertising platform that has existed since 2007. Their programmatic advertising platform has helped over 3,500 advertisers with their campaign management by solving complex problems for web and mobile apps worldwide. They claim to provide a full-stack solution to data. It’s also integrated with many ad exchanges providing easy options for bidding strategies and many solutions.
- Targeting: MediaMath helps with your audience targeting based on goals/KPIs. They also help you with geo-targeting, technology, video targeting, and more.
- Brand safety: They help protect your brand with privacy and fraud controls.
- Reporting & Management: Their lift measurement solution and third-party attributions help you test and target your ads.
- Easy UI: Their UI can be used and opened on any device, making it easy to execute programmatic advertising campaigns.
- Customizable aspects: MediaMath is fully customizable, helping you with data integration, reporting, workflows, measurements, AI, and more.
It’s difficult to know how much the cost is for this programmatic platform; MediaMath does not state its prices up front. You should contact them to get a more reasonable price on their products to know more.
Overall, MediaMath is a programmatic platform that’s beneficial for agencies. This is because they integrate with multiple exchanges and use data providers to create a fully programmatic solution. Try them out for yourself and see the enriching and insightful user experience they claim.
PubMatic is one of the great programmatic ad platforms that helps digital content creators on the internet. They help by providing easy access to an extensive ad inventory and help increase monetization and return on investment when marketing. This data management platform claims they have over 383 billion daily ad impressions, 1.4 trillion advertiser bids per day, and 5.9 petabytes of data processed each day.
The reason why Pubmatic is one of the best programmatic advertising platforms is that it allows you to benefit from the following:
- Unbiased approach: Pubmatic is a company that lets its clients take control of their data, inventory, and insights.
- Brand safe: They help increase ROI as the platform helps with audience targeting from a premium and brand-safe environment for multiple devices.
- Straightforward interface: The UI of Pubmatic is simple, clean, and easy to use across a desktop or mobile.
- Helps clients realize full potential: They have specialized infrastructure that helps their clients build, deliver, scale, and innovate their ads. This infrastructure allows their clients to unlock the full potential of their strategies.
When looking to pay for their programmatic advertising, Pubmatic does not state their fees. Instead, you have to contact them to know more.
PubMatic helps create great revenue for agencies and advertisers by having a flexible setup, dedicated support, machine learning algorithms, insights, and more. Contact them to know more about PubMatic; they might give you a free trial!
Google Ad Manager is a programmatic platform aimed explicitly at large publishers who want a lot of direct sales. It allows both programmatic buying and selling of ads, helping many people. This platform lets you pick your ad inventory and create, manage and report on ad campaigns. It helps support several ad exchanges, networks like Ad Exchange, AdSense, Third-party networks, and exchanges.
- Smooth user interface and setup: It’s straightforward to use Google Admanager as it has distinct features on the left sidebar.
- Has full of tips and insights, helping you navigate its interface easily. They also provide data insights to help you manage your data sets.
- Gives you granular control: You get to see what ads or types of ads you want to display on your site. It allows you to target multiple ads.
- Detailed reporting: Google Ad Manager provides very detailed reporting tools to gain richer data insights.
- Allows you to open bid: If a third-party demand partner approves you, you can bid for ads in real-time.
This programmatic advertising platform has two types of accounts for its users. One is designed for small businesses, free, and the other is known as Ad Manager 360, which is paid. The free version allows up to 150 million nonvideo ad impressions each month to several countries. It also has ample features to benefit from, like limited reports, access to an API, reach, standard and delivery.
The paid version offers many more features than its free version, like more reports, invoiced impressions, future sell-through, network settings, reporting tool dashboards, and more. The price of Ad Manager 360 can vary based on a range of factors. To know how much it costs, you will have to meet with a Google account manager first.
Overall, Google Ad Manager is one of the top programmatic ad platforms for large publishers who want to get a large number of direct sales. But you don’t have to be a large publisher to use its programmatic advertising. It helps many people grow their ad revenue, brand and engagement. To see for yourself, you might want to give their free version a go.
Criteo is a programmatic advertising platform that has been used by over 21,000 trusted marketers and helps you get more customers from good ad campaigns. It’s a well-established programmatic advertising platform based across 25 countries with over 1200 commerce experts. This programmatic ad company helps you gain more high-value customers and gain more repeat purchases through activating your data and their direct connections. Criteo also helps you build your brand awareness and create conversions.
- They are active in over 96 countries. CriteoHelps you gain a stronger perspective on commerce and your consumer.
- They run over 35 billion daily browsing and buying events, helping you gain a deeper insight into consumer behavior.
- Criteo can give you an account rep, getting someone to manage your bids for you, and saving time.
- They help you surpass privacy expectations and build on your customer trust by providing you with a First Party Media network and allowing you to activate and save first-party data in a safe way.
When calculating the cost of Criteo, can be challenging to determine. They don’t mention their cost upfront on their website; instead, they ask you to contact them and meet with their sales associate.
Overall, Criteo is a great programmatic and data management platform for many types of business. Many companies use it worldwide, and it helps scale their company quickly. To know more about what Criteo offers, you can message them, where they will show a demo and tell you more about their pricing.
Audience Studio by Salesforce is one of the programmatic platforms to use for any sized business. It’s been made to help its users gain data insights by bringing together and capturing essential data to help strengthen your customer relationships. Their marketing cloud lets you integrate major platforms like Slack and more to help you quickly scale.
- There are several benefits to using advertising platforms like Audience Studio, such as the following:
- Their interface is easy to use, and you can get a 360 insight into your customers.
- You can create personalized loyalty programs with them to help your customers return.
- They help you move at speed as they provide you with real-time insights and analytics.
- You can also connect data to over 7000 no-code and low-code apps.
Audience Studio by Salesforce has multiple pricing options and strategies. Based on what you decide to pick, you could be paying anything from $1,250-$65,000 a year. They offer different services based on what you’re interested in. You might want to speak to their marketing rep to clear up any confusion.
Overall, Audience Studio by Salesforce is great for any sized business. The software is simple and full of features. Most of their features are customizable, so you can decide what’s relevant for your company. To know more about what they offer, you might want to contact them as they can show a demo and show you just how they can benefit your business.
In summary, if you want to engage and convert your relevant customers across your digital channels into customers, it would be wise to use programmatic platforms. The benefits to them are endless, like campaign optimization, sell ad space, digital marketing, and a lot more. Some top ones to consider are Adobe Advertising Cloud, Adroll, MediaMath, Pubmatic, Google Ad Manager, Criteo, and Audience Studio. Try them today and watch your business grow!